“Living in the present moment is just blissful…it’s delicious! – Dr. Judson Brewer”
The benefits of meditation have been widely documented. Learning to live in the present moment decreases stress, improves our memory and makes people less irritable. In this episode of Digital Mindfulness, I have the pleasure of speaking with Dr. Judson Brewer.
Dr. Brewer is the director of research at the Center for Mindfulness and he is also Associate Professor at the Department of Medicine and Psychiatry at the University of Massachusetts Medical school. Dr Brewer is an internationally recognised leader in mindfulness training and has also developed mindfulness programmes for the treatment of addictions including app-based treatments.
In this interview, we talk about Dr. Brewer’s work on the underlying mechanisms of mindfulness, using FMRI to image the brain on mindfulness, and the psychology and physiology of Flow.
What you will learn from this episode:
- How mindfulness can be used to treat technology addictions
- How you can learn to deliberately cultivate Flow
- How mindfulness meditation can be used to unravel our sense of Self
- Steps you can take today to implement mindfulness into your daily life
Resources mentioned in the show:
- Dr. Judson Brewer TEDx Talk “You’re Already Awesome. Just Get Out Of Your Own Way!”
- Dr. Judson Brewer Huffington Post Behaviour Change Blog
- Center for Mindfulness Page
- Judson Brewer MD PhD Google Scholar Page
Latest posts by Lawrence Ampofo (see all)
- #101 How The Wim Hof Method Changes Your Digital Life with Níall Ó Murchú - 13th May 2018
- #100 The Impact of Persuasive Technologies with Rita Orji - 23rd April 2018
- #99 Emotionally Intelligent Machines with Pamela Pavliscak - 2nd April 2018