“We are hunters and gatherers. We are searching meaning and purpose through digital information“
– Jocelyn Brewer
In this episode of the Digital Mindfulness podcast I talk with the psychologist and TED speaker Jocelyn Brewer about Digital Nutrition. Digital Nutrition is her framework for ways in which people, and particularly parents, can ensure their children live healthier lives with digital technologies. Imagine if we were able to navigate our consumption of digital technologies with a clear understanding of which services had a positive effect on our bodies and our minds and those which were less so.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- How digital technologies can cause amygdala hijacks
- The tenets of the Digital Nutrition framework
- Why emojis are not helpful for autistic children
- What does a healthy relationship with technology look like?
- Why an on-demand culture leads to demanding people
Resources mentioned in the show:
Autcraft – Minecraft for children and their families with autism
Latest posts by Lawrence Ampofo (see all)
- #133 Re-engineering Humanity with Brett Frischmann - 7th October 2019
- #132 A Less Algorithmic Human with Dan Nixon - 23rd September 2019
- #131 Scroll Free September with the Royal Society for Public Health - 15th September 2019