“The most profound technologies are the ones that do things we, as humans, care about”
In this episode, we speak with Intel’s Vice President of User Experience Research, Dr. Genevieve Bell. Genevieve is one of the most respected social scientists in the technology community, and has been at the forefront of research at the intersection of cultural and technological development, and has published and spoken widely on the ways technology impacts humanity, and vice versa. Genevieve has also been honoured several times outside Intel, being named as one of the 100 most creative people in technology by Fast Company, and one of Elle Magazine’s most influential women in technology, she was also inducted into the Women in Technology Hall of Fame in 2012.
What you will learn in this episode
- How the best technologies serve humanity
- The relationship between technology and wonder
- Why humanity needs technologies that offer us unfamiliarity and discomfort
Resources Mentioned In The Show
- Genevieve Bell on Twitter
- Genevieve Bell on Wikipedia
- Genevieve Bell TED Talk: Will We Ever Be Bored Again?
- Divining a Digital Future: Mess and Mythology In Ubiquitous Computing
- Data: Now Bigger and Better!
- Intel Labs