“One of the problems with mindfulness at the moment is that we’ve fetishised the process…For me, the most important thing is the outcome” – Rohan Gunatillake
In this episode, I talk with the entrepreneur and author Rohan Gunatillake.
Rohan is the director of Mindfulness Everywhere, a creative studio that combines meditation, technology and design, and is best known for buddhify, the mindfulness app for modern life, which has topped the download charts in over forty countries. He has also successfully completed a Kickstarter campaign for the design and creation of Mindfulness cards and is also a Buddhist Geek, having been selected by Wired Magazine and Jane McGonical in 2012 as being one of 50 people who will change the world.
Rohan has an extensive background in mindfulness-based meditation, and has worked for over ten years in technology and innovation for the likes of IBM, Accenture, and the Edinburgh Festivals. Rohan’s first book This Is Happening is published by Bluebird (Pan Macmillan).
What You Will Learn In This Episode
- The principles of ‘Mobile Meditation’
- Why the outcome of mindfulness is more important than how it is done
- Why even 1 minute of practice a day can help your physical and mental health
Resources Mentioned In The Show
Latest posts by Lawrence Ampofo (see all)
- #111 Bring Your Whole Self To Work with Mike Robbins - 18th September 2018
- #110 Technology for Mindfulness with Robert Plotkin - 3rd September 2018
- #109 Dr. Lawrence Ampofo on The Smart Buildings Podcast - 21st August 2018