Multi-tasking; we all do it right? Working with multiple windows open on our web browsers, multiple applications open at the same time while still saving time and space to monitor your phones, Facebook and all the other digital services.
Well, according to my guest this week, Professor Gloria Mark, we do nothing of the sort and are actually not even well equipped physiologically to cope with all of the demands that our digital devices and experiences give us access to.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Why no one really does ‘multitasking’
- What sensors in the workplace reveal about productivity
- How to train your attention to become more focused
- The effects of digitally-mediated stress on the body
- Why Internet-blocking applications do not work long-term
Resources mentioned in the show
Latest posts by Lawrence Ampofo (see all)
- #103 Digitally Mindful Buildings with Ken Sinclair - 30th May 2018
- #102 Digital Wellness with Jeremy McCarthy - 23rd May 2018
- #101 How The Wim Hof Method Changes Your Digital Life with Níall Ó Murchú - 13th May 2018