In this episode, we speak with Dorian Peters, the Creative Lead for the Positive Computing Lab at the University of Sydney, and the co-author of Positive Computing – Technology for Wellbeing and Human Potential.
Originally from L.A., Dorian is a user experience designer and focuses on learning and wellbeing. For the Sydney School of Education and Social Work she advises on and coordinates projects relating to digital learning and is a member of the Faculty’s Technology and Teaching Innovation Team.
What you will learn in this episode
- How to deliberately design for wellbeing
- Positive Computing
- Why consumers should demand technologies that support positive psychological wellbeing
- Why digital design focuses on hedonic pleasure and productivity
- Why digital mindfulness should be taught to children as well as designers
Resources mentioned in the show
Latest posts by Lawrence Ampofo (see all)
- #111 Bring Your Whole Self To Work with Mike Robbins - 18th September 2018
- #110 Technology for Mindfulness with Robert Plotkin - 3rd September 2018
- #109 Dr. Lawrence Ampofo on The Smart Buildings Podcast - 21st August 2018