“Managers are aware of the Information Overload problem, but they rarely understand its full impact. It takes leadership and courage to make changes, but it’s well worth the effort. It gives employees back their sanity.” – Nathan Zeldes
This week, we speak with the physicist, thought leader and public speaker Nathan Zeldes. Formerly of Intel Corporation, where his work focused on the improvement of knowledge worker productivity related to email, internet apps, messaging, remote working, and more, Nathan now helps knowledge-based organisations solve core problems at the intersection of technology and human behaviour.
Nathan has deep knowledge about the impact of information overload on the quality of life for knowledge workers and is president and co-founder of the Information Overload Research Group, which brings together academia, business and experts to focus on finding solutions to this problem.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The real cost of information overload to businesses
- How information overload in the workplace is similar to the prisoner’s dilemma
- Concrete strategies to overcome information overload
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
Latest posts by Lawrence Ampofo (see all)
- 122: The Qualities of a Mindful Leader with Marc Lesser - 12th March 2019
- 121: Framing Digital Wellbeing with Georgie Powell & Gabi Jubran - 4th March 2019
- #119 Going Light with Kai Tang - 21st February 2019