“We do have other options to express ourselves on social media other than Facebook and that is enormously promising”
Our guest this week on Digital Mindfulness is the international author, speaker, and Web Psychologist, Nathalie Nahai. Nathalie is the author of the book Webs of Influence: The Psychology of Online Persuasion and is the foremost expert on web psychology, helping multinational corporations such as Unilever, Google and eBay apply rigorous scientific techniques to their website design, content marketing and products.
In this episode, Nathalie talks about her upcoming books, ‘Dark Patterns on the Web’ and how we can all be a little more perceptive about the techniques companies use to influence our online behaviours.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- What Web Psychology is and how it affects digital output
- How people are influenced by websites and what we can do about it
- Why extending the Like button on Facebook will not lead to greater emotional expression on social networks
Resources mentioned in the show
Latest posts by Lawrence Ampofo (see all)
- #101 How The Wim Hof Method Changes Your Digital Life with Níall Ó Murchú - 13th May 2018
- #100 The Impact of Persuasive Technologies with Rita Orji - 23rd April 2018
- #99 Emotionally Intelligent Machines with Pamela Pavliscak - 2nd April 2018