“Time is the one thing of which technology cannot create a single item more“
– Tom Chatfield
How do we thrive online? In this episode, the author, TEDster, philosopher, Fellow of the Saïd Business School and The School of Life In London Tom Chatfield, and I speak about his varied perspectives on how we can thrive in a digital age. In this amazing, wide-ranging talk, Tom and I discuss how our interactions with technology can be made more meaningful by embracing the innate qualities that make us uniquely human.
In this fascinating and wide-ranging talk, Tom and I talk about how best to create a meaningful existence in the digital landscape, touching on thinkers such as Aristotle, Jaron Lanier, Evgeny Morozov and Julian Gough.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why technology is not ‘just a tool’
- Why video games are fundamental for fun and a meaningful life
- Why we all need time and space for us to consider
- Why video games are an important tool for teaching us how to be more human
- Why we tend to focus on the trends of digital technologies rather than how the technologies impact us
- Why we all need time and space to consider
- The evolving etiquettes of technolgy
- Why attention is a finite resource
Resources mentioned in the show: