“Intentionally connecting to the internet helps you to be your best self ” – Fred Stutzman
In this episode, we speak with Fred Stutzman, CEO and co-Founder of the internet blocking app Freedom. Fred is the founder of Eighty Percent Solutions, a LAUNCH Incubator company which builds the innovative productivity software Freedom and Anti-Social. Previously, he was co-founder of ClaimID.com and technology researcher at UNC-Chapel Hill and Carnegie Mellon University. He holds a Ph.D. in Information Science, a graduate certificate in quantitative research, and a B.A. in Economics. Currently, he is adjunct professor at UNC’s School of Information and Library Science, where he teaches courses about privacy and social media.
In this episode, we talk about the importance of intentionally connecting to the internet and the effect this has on creativity and productivity. You’ll want to listen to this if you are online for most of the day, and want to learn how to maximise your precious time.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode
- Why internet blocking software helps you to be more productive and creative
- Where internet blocking fits into a digitally mindful lifestyle
- How to make your professional life more productive
Resources Mentioned In The Show
Digital Mindfulness is supported by the generosity of its readers. If you find our podcasts, interviews, or writing useful, please consider becoming a sponsor of the site.
Latest posts by Lawrence Ampofo (see all)
- #77 Deliberate Rest in an Always On Society with Alex Soojung-Kim Pang - 18th June 2017
- #75 Levi Bucsis - 11th June 2017
- #74: Mindful Design with Irene Au - 9th May 2017