What you will learn in this episode
- The science of persuasive technology
- How technology can ‘close the gap’ between who we are, and who we want to be
- Why an AI-driven addictive technology company is inevitable
- How addictive technology increased positive behaviours in everything from financial management to positive social interactions
Ramsay Brown Ph.D. is the co-founder of Dopamine Labs and after a completing a doctorate, founded this company that focuses on behavioural design. Technologies are designed in such a way as to shape our behaviours and our motivations – Dopamine Labs helps companies to make their apps more addictive, and in the process generate a net positive increase in positive behaviours.
About the Author
Ramsay Brown, along with co-founder Thomas Combs, created Dopamine, an artificial intelligence platform for behavior design. Its analytics understand users’ real behaviours in applications and its reinforcement API rewards people as they build great new habits.
Resources mentioned in the show
Latest posts by Lawrence Ampofo (see all)
- #123: Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality for Health & Wellbeing with Sarah Hill - 24th March 2019
- 122: The Qualities of a Mindful Leader with Marc Lesser - 12th March 2019
- 121: Framing Digital Wellbeing with Georgie Powell & Gabi Jubran - 4th March 2019