What you will learn in this episode
- The science of persuasive technology
- How technology can ‘close the gap’ between who we are, and who we want to be
- Why an AI-driven addictive technology company is inevitable
- How addictive technology increased positive behaviours in everything from financial management to positive social interactions
Ramsay Brown Ph.D. is the co-founder of Dopamine Labs and after a completing a doctorate, founded this company that focuses on behavioural design. Technologies are designed in such a way as to shape our behaviours and our motivations – Dopamine Labs helps companies to make their apps more addictive, and in the process generate a net positive increase in positive behaviours.
About the Author
Ramsay Brown, along with co-founder Thomas Combs, created Dopamine, an artificial intelligence platform for behavior design. Its analytics understand users’ real behaviours in applications and its reinforcement API rewards people as they build great new habits.
Resources mentioned in the show
Latest posts by Lawrence Ampofo (see all)
- #118 The Recipe for Digital Wellbeing - 20th Jan 2019
- #117 How Gamification Helps You Reach Your Goals with Yukai Chou - 6th Jan 2019
- #116 The Ethical Tech Opportunity with Doug Clinton - 26th Dec 2018