Do our personalities follow us? Are we more like our social media selves in real life? Surely, who we are online stays online?
In this episode, we discuss these fascinating topics with Professor Elias Aboujaoude. Elias is a clinical professor of Psychiatry and behavioural sciences at Stanford University and his work focuses on problematic internet use, and impulse control amongst other topics. Elias is also the author of Virtually You: The Dangerous Powers of e-Personality in which he explores the inter-relationship between our behaviours online and offline.
What You Will Learn In This Episode:
- How people are bringing more elements of their digital personalities into the real world
- The link between digital personalities and a lack of impulse control
- The role of personality mapping software in mental health
Resources Mentioned In The Show:
Latest posts by Lawrence Ampofo (see all)
- #97 How To Break Up With Your Phone with Catherine Price - 5th March 2018
- #96 Ethical Data & Design with Laura Kalbag - 18th February 2018
- Fixing Facebook - 15th February 2018