In this episode, Digital Mindfulness speaks with the co-Founder of the world-famous dating website OK Cupid, Christian Rudder. Christian is also the author of the book Dataclysm: What Our Online Lives Tell Us About Our Offline Selves.
In the show, Christian talks about the insights behind the data of sites such as OK Cupid, Twitter and Facebook and the fascinating truths revealed to us within these enormous data sets. This is a fascinating episode and you should listen if you want to understand the nature of the information such sites contain about us, how human nature is presented online, and how our online selves are an increasingly accurate representation of who we are away from digital environments.
What You Will Learn In This Episode
- What brings people together and drives them apart online
- The similarity between our online and offline selves
- Using algorithms to overcome cultural stereotypes
Resources Mentioned In The Show
Latest posts by Lawrence Ampofo (see all)
- #84 Tech & Work Life Balance with Anna Cox - 10th September 2017
- #83 How to Make Mindful Machines with Jason Tan - 22nd August 2017
- #82 Creating Your Digital Blue Zone with Zack Prager - 6th August 2017