In this episode of the Digital Mindfulness Show, Lawrence speaks with Dr. Sophie Leroy, Assistant Professor at the University of Washington, Bothell Business School. In this episode, we discuss her theory called Attention Residue and how it affects the quality of our work lives and our personal lives.
Sophie published her theory on Attention Residue in 2009 at the very beginning of the mobile revolution, and now her insights are more important than ever.
What You Will Learn in this Episode
- The human impact of constant connectivity
- How and why our attention travels with us between tasks
- Cultivating deep attention outside the workplace
Resources Mentioned In The Show
Latest posts by Lawrence Ampofo (see all)
- #87 Designing for Friction To Humanise Our Digitised Lives with Steve Selzer - 8th October 2017
- #85: In The Moment with Kevin Holesh - 2nd October 2017
- #84 Tech & Work Life Balance with Anna Cox - 10th September 2017