“Anyone who uses a digital device can benefit from a digital detox. It’s a chance to relax, regain focus, and develop your outlook on life”- Lucy Pearson
In this episode, the co-Founder of the digital detoxing company Unplugged Weekend, Lucy Pearson, joins us to talk about the benefits of digital detoxing, and just what goes on in a digital detox.
Lucy started Unplugged Weekend with her co-Founder Vikki on retreat in the Sahara desert when they both realised the benefits of taking time away from being connected 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The result is Unplugged Weekend, a space for people to come away from their digitised lives and “get the balance back by providing enjoyable and meaningful digital detox experiences”.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The effect that being constantly connected has on our bodies
- Why we should all consider unplugging for a while
- How you can get the benefits of unplugging from your desktop
Resources mentioned in the show:
Latest posts by Lawrence Ampofo (see all)
- #80 Transformative Technology with Nichol Bradford - 24th July 2017
- #79: Interview with Jay Vidyarthi - 16th July 2017
- #78 Digital Design For Wellbeing with Dorian Peters - 29th June 2017