“We are hunters and gatherers. We are searching meaning and purpose through digital information“
– Jocelyn Brewer
In this episode of the Digital Mindfulness podcast I talk with the psychologist and TED speaker Jocelyn Brewer about Digital Nutrition. Digital Nutrition is her framework for ways in which people, and particularly parents, can ensure their children live healthier lives with digital technologies. Imagine if we were able to navigate our consumption of digital technologies with a clear understanding of which services had a positive effect on our bodies and our minds and those which were less so.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- How digital technologies can cause amygdala hijacks
- The tenets of the Digital Nutrition framework
- Why emojis are not helpful for autistic children
- What does a healthy relationship with technology look like?
- Why an on-demand culture leads to demanding people
Resources mentioned in the show:
Autcraft – Minecraft for children and their families with autism
Latest posts by Lawrence Ampofo (see all)
- #74: Mindful Design with Irene Au - 9th May 2017
- 10 Surprising Ways You Can Work with Focus & Avoid Distraction - 1st May 2017
- #73: How Your Digital Personality Defines You Offline with Elias Aboujaoude - 28th April 2017