“We are hunters and gatherers. We are searching meaning and purpose through digital information“
– Jocelyn Brewer
In this episode of the Digital Mindfulness podcast I talk with the psychologist and TED speaker Jocelyn Brewer about Digital Nutrition. Digital Nutrition is her framework for ways in which people, and particularly parents, can ensure their children live healthier lives with digital technologies. Imagine if we were able to navigate our consumption of digital technologies with a clear understanding of which services had a positive effect on our bodies and our minds and those which were less so.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- How digital technologies can cause amygdala hijacks
- The tenets of the Digital Nutrition framework
- Why emojis are not helpful for autistic children
- What does a healthy relationship with technology look like?
- Why an on-demand culture leads to demanding people
Resources mentioned in the show:
Autcraft – Minecraft for children and their families with autism
Latest posts by Lawrence Ampofo (see all)
- #80 Transformative Technology with Nichol Bradford - 24th July 2017
- #79: Interview with Jay Vidyarthi - 16th July 2017
- #78 Digital Design For Wellbeing with Dorian Peters - 29th June 2017